Tuesday, October 16, 2012
A year ago we released a technology preview of Dart, a project that includes a modern language, libraries and tools for building complex web applications. Today, after plowing through thousands of bug reports and feature requests from the web community, a new, more stable and comprehensive version of Dart is now available and ready to use.
With this version of the Dart SDK, we’ve made several improvements and added many features:
- A faster Dart Virtual Machine that on some Octane tests outperforms even V8.
- An HTML library that works transparently on modern browsers.
- An easy to use editor.
- Pub, a new package manager
- Dartium, a Chromium build with native Dart support.
- A server-side I/O library.
- A language specification describing the Dart semantics, including new features.
You can download the Dart Editor from dartlang.org. It comes with a copy of the open-source SDK and Dartium. Thanks again for all your feedback - keep it coming.
Posted by Lars Bak, Software Engineer